Cyber Security Research Engineer
Since its foundation in 1925, DEKRA has been ensuring the safety of human interaction with technology and the environment through a tradition of innovative thinking. This approach is something we strive to embrace, whether it's in the practical tasks our employees perform or in the community-shaping office life.
In just two years, DEKRA Nearshore Center has grown from a concept to a rapidly growing company that is a cornerstone of the parent company's global IT infrastructure.
Your contribution to achieving global safety, security, and sustainability:
- Research the cybersecurity domain and incorporate results in cybersecurity solutions
- Conducts fundamental/basic and applied research and facilitates innovation in the cybersecurity domain through cooperation with other stakeholders
- Analyses trends and scientific findings in cybersecurity, analyse and assess cybersecurity technologies, solutions, developments, and processes
- Advance the current state-of-the-art in cybersecurity-related topics
- Assist in the development of innovative cybersecurity-related solutions
- Conduct experiments and develop a proof of concept, pilots, and prototypes for cybersecurity solutions
- Select and apply frameworks, methods, standards, tools, and protocols including a building and testing a proof of concept to support projects
- Contributes towards cutting-edge cybersecurity business ideas, services, and solutions
- Assist in cybersecurity-related capacity building including awareness, theoretical training, practical training, testing, mentoring, supervising, and sharing
- Identify cross-sectoral cybersecurity achievements and apply them in a different context or propose innovative approaches and solutions
- Lead or participate in the innovation processes and projects including project management and budgeting
- Publish and present scientific works and research and development results.
- Monitor new advancements in cybersecurity-related technologies
- Identify and solve cybersecurity-related issues
The more points that apply to you, the more you can earn with us:
- Owning skills with min. 5 years' experience in Cyber R&D domain, Cybersecurity-related research, development, and innovation (RDI), Cybersecurity standards, methodologies, and frameworks, legal, regulatory, and legislative requirements on releasing or using cybersecurity related technologies, multidiscipline aspect of cybersecurity, experience in Standardization topics (I.e. SDOs membership)
- Excellent writing and communication skills (already published scientific/professional paper in indexed journals, IEEE conferences)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, German is a plus
- Having higher education - University Degree, PhD Studies in Cyber Security domain
- Believing that the whole is more than the sum of its parts: a.k.a. teamwork is essential to move forward
- Being eager to share knowledge across departments and being open to acquire knowledge from others too
- Taking education and self-development as a fundamental part of your routine
- Thinking that a workplace is not just a place to work, but a social environment as well
In return, we are offering you:
- A full week to onboard and get to know us – guided by your personal buddy
- Company notebook and phone with unlimited calls and data - for personal usage too
- Travel allowance & several cafeteria options
CAREER & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Long term career perspective ensured by a personal development plan and coaching opportunity
- Continuous professional development: training opportunities for both hard and soft skills – Udemy, Microsoft ESI, language classes and many more!
- We value your achievements: the annual bonus is based on your performance
- Enjoy the fruits in the kitchen
- Several ergonomic asset options – like walking pads for meetings or taking a break
- Medicover health insurance (Blue Package)
- Did we mention that the office rooftop has a running track?
DIVERSE COMMUNITY & CULTURE
- Bilingual environment & international projects
- Regularly organized team events
- Charity and other CSR projects in working hours
- We build on trust - we can provide flexible options to ensure your work-life balance
- Brand new office with everyting you need: coffee, drinks, fruits and specific areas tailored to your needs – focus or collaboration work, phone booth, social room and many more!
- Easy accessibility with public transport and car as well
- Hybrid workplace: social engagement in the office and home office opportunity (2 days/week)
Place of Work: Budapest One Business Park (Budapest, XI.)
Still not convinced? Then take this as an invitation – come and see where and how we are working over a coffee or at the foosball table!
Apply for the job
Please fill the form.